This salad is overflowing with healthy veggies! The best part is it's only 167 calories, and that's including the homemade dressing.
It can be so tempting to go out to lunch working in Chicago. I make this salad the night before using my favorite veggies to avoid eating something I'm going to regret later and that will make me feel sluggish.
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1/3 cup spinach
- 1/3 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 tomato, sliced
- 3/4 cup sprouts
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 avocado, cubed
- 1 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Dash each of thyme, parsley, basil
1. Combine the veggies, greens and sunflower seeds.
2. Mix the olive oil with lemon juice and herbs. Shake vigorously and pour over salad.
What is your favorite healthy salad? Leave a comment!